Subscriptions for individuals
Please see Membership
The Canadian Mineralogist is going digital only in 2021
Institutional Subscriptions (Corporations and Libraries)
Electronic access $600*
- Electronic access (site license category*** ) to the Journal
- Electronic access to back files from 2000 in html and PDF format plus files from 1957 (volume 6) to 1999 (volume 37) in PDF format only
- A subscription to Elements – An International Magazine of Mineralogy, Geochemistry and Petrology (published six times a year) mailed to you plus online access through IP recognition
- Institutional subscribers will be provided with campus (see site license regulation***) wide electronic access through IP recognition. Access to IP ranges on file will be carried over upon renewal.
- The Journal publishes articles submitted in English or French.
- An index is included free of charge in the December issue.
- No special rates for two- or three-year subscriptions are available.
- Subscriptions are for a calendar year (6 issues) and cancellations are effective only at the end of the calendar year.
- Retroactive subscriptions are available based on back issues availability.
- Claims for non-receipt of issues of Elements are honoured within one year of the mailing date and subject to availability. Claims after this date will be charged at current rate.
- List of our Back Issues and a listing of other MAC publications are available at our book store or by request to the business office.
- Back files are available to all online subscribers and will remain in effect to the end of the last year subscribed. Plenty of new features are now available, such as full-text available in html or PDF format, improved search features, archived PDF files from issue no 6 (1957) to issue 37 (1999) and much more.
- Our journal online can be accessed at GeoScienceWorld.
- All requests or enquiries regarding electronic access to the Journal should be forwarded to
*Subscriptions outside of Canada: Payable in US funds. Rate includes shipping of Elements by surface mail.
*Subscriptions in Canada: Payable in Canadian funds. Rate includes shipping of Elements.
**Elements is co-published by forteen societies. Subscribers to the following Society journals: American Mineralogist, Clay Minerals, Clays and Clay Minerals, MINABS Online, Mineralogical Magazine, The Canadian Mineralogist will receive one subscription to Elements. As the subscription cost is shared among societies, we strive to eliminate duplication as much as possible. Hence a subscriber receiving several of these journals might get only one issue of Elements.
*** A Site license (authorized site) is a contiguous campus community or building that is located within the same city and reporting to the same administrative body. Within a multi-company complex or building, each company is considered a separate site
Inquiries regarding your subscription and renewals:
When possible please quote the number (MAC ID) found on the label of the Canadian Mineralogist (ex. Subs. ID: 12345). This ensures that you receive a faster response and your payment is easily applied to your renewal. For any questions please contact our business office.
To set up electronic access:
Access to IP range will be automatically renewed when your renewal is processed. For new subscriptions or if your IP range has changed, please contact us at email@example.com providing us with the name and email of the contact person, agency order reference number, and, if available, your MAC ID.
Payments are accepted in cash, cheques, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and EuroCard). If you are paying by bank transfer, please contact the business office by email to get details of transfer at:
Phone and email orders are also accepted.