Topics in Mineral Sciences Volume 47
Editors: M. Cuney and K. Kyser
The purpose of this volume is to highlight the research that can be integrated into refining exploration strategies for uranium and also discuss new developments in thorium deposits as a future energy resource as it will become an increasingly important by-product of REE mining.
Softcover. 362 pages. 2016.
This short course replaces SC 39: Recent and not so recent developments in uranium deposits and implications for exploration.
MAC Member Price: $52 CAD/USD
|Publication Price||$65.00 CAD/USD|
This volume is divided into the following chapters:
- Nuclear Fuel Cycles and the Economics of Uranium
- New Classifications of Deposit Types
- Geochemistry and Mineralogy of Uranium and Thorium
- Radioactivity, Heat Production and Flux, and Natural Reactors
- Magmatic Fractionation
- Metasomatic Deposits
- Low to medium temperature hydrothermal uranium
- Basins and Uranium Deposits
- Deposits Related to Low Temperature Processes
- Thorium Deposits
- Exploration Strategies and the Future of Uranium and Thorium as Energy Resources